Personal Data/ Privacy and Cookies
Last updated on: 25/05/2018
Sephora respects your concerns about protecting your privacy and personal data.
This charter describes how Sephora uses the information collected about you when you use one of the Sephora merchant sites, the mobile application available through the "App store" and "Play store" services, hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Site", and when you make purchases in our stores or interact with us (our "Services"). It allows you to know the origin and use of the browsing information collected by cookies and to exercise your rights and options in accordance with the applicable legislation for personal data protection.
This charter applies to all websites, applications, and services offered by Sephora and Sephora group entities separately and collectively referred to as "Sephora", "We", "Our" that refer to this charter and add to the site's "General Terms & Conditions of Use" and the "General Terms & Conditions of Sale" (and any other document or informational note that refers to this charter).
Therefore, this charter is important to you, who want to have a positive experience and trust our services, and for us, who want to respond to your questions precisely and completely and take your desires into account.
Modifying the charter
We may occasionally modify the present charter. If so, we will inform you by changing the date at the top of the present charter and, in certain cases, we will issue additional notifications (for example, by adding a declaration to our Site's homepages or by sending you an email). We encourage you to view the Personal Data and Cookies charter when you interact with us to stay informed of our personal data protection practices and the methods you can use to control how your personal data is used and protect your privacy.
The key points of Sephora's Personal Data and Cookies charter
- We collect information about you when you visit the Site, interact with us or make in-store purchass.
- In addition to the information that you declare (e.g. account creation, loyalty card subscription), information is automatically collected, generated or deduced by our systems (e.g. matching/merging data in order to create a marketing profile for you).
- This information allows us to know you better and means we can use your choices to make you personalised offers on our products and those of our partners.
- Checks are also carried out to ensure security of the Site and transactions.
- This information is passed on to our affiliates (Sephora shops) as part of the management of our loyalty programme, and also to our service providers, when this is required to provide you with the service requested. Some of this information (including purchase history and profile) may, depending on your sharing choices, be passed to our business partners so they can send you personalised offers.
- Data transfers outside the European Union occur because of the organisational circumstances or location of some of our providers (delivery companies, host companies, payment or security providers).
- For further information, please click here.
- To find out how to review your direct marketing and marketing profiling choices, click here
- To find out more about the purpose of Cookies and how to disable their use, please click here
- To exercise your rights to access and rectification, and to find out and exercise the other rights to which you are entitled under legislation covering data protection, please click here
Your options and rights
- If you have any questions or complaints regarding this charter, you can contact us:
- by letter addressed to SEPHORA GREECE SA, DIONYSIOU DREOPAGITOU 7, 11742 ATHENS GREECE
- by telephone from Monday to Sunday 8am-10pm at 2111883041, for quality control purposes, this call may be recorded
- by email: email@example.com
See all Sephora's Personal Data and Cookies charter
All Sephora's Personal Data and Cookies Charter
What are the roles and responsibilities of Sephora Greece concerning the processing of your personal data?
Sephora Greece (during a purchase in-store or online) has the role of joint data controller with Sephora France.
Furthermore, Sephora France defines the strategic orientations in terms of profiling and direct marketing of Sephora group. Therefore, it is the recipient of information about customers and prospects of other group entities as well as Site users' browsing information, and, as data controller, carries out marketing studies and statistics that are communicated to other group entities and are used to define Sephora's marketing and advertising targeting actions.
- What are the legal basis and use that we make of collected information?
- For how long is your data kept?
- Whom do we share it with?
- How is the security of your personal data guaranteed?
- Is personal data transferred outside the European Union? What are the guarantees?
- How to unsubscribe from newsletters, manage options for promotional communication and targeted advertising?
- What are your options for promotional communication?
- What can you do if you do not want targeted advertising?
- How can you access your personal data? How can you correct or delete it or exercise your other rights?
- How can you contact us?
- How can you be informed of changes to this policy?
- Notice about Sephora's cookies
- Your choices about cookies
What is the information that we collect?
Sephora collects several types of personal data:
Information that you provide directly.
We collect information that you provide directly when you use our Site and Services.
This is the case when you:
- Create an online account
- Make purchase
- Call us on the telephone
- Sign up to receive our emails
- Participate in a prize draw, competition, a promotion or a survey
- Communicate with us through a third-party social network
- Request customer assistance
- Communicate with us in any other way
Sharing your personal information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with all or some of the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services, or information.
The categories of information that we collect include:
- Identification and contact information (such as the first and name, birthdate, postal address, contact methods) needed to identify you when you use one of our services (i.e., creating an online account),
- Transactional information needed to process your order (items chosen, delivery and billing address, your telephone number and email address, payment method including your payment card and expiry date, as well as the account holder of the payment card when you make a payment online)
- Information about your preferences (such as your preferences in products and services),
- Historical data about your online orders, and each time you use the loyalty card in-store (we keep a history of transactions and places of purchase; similarly, when you buy or return a product, we collect information about the transaction such as the product information and the date and place of purchase or return)
- The historical data of your contacts with us (We also keep the history of our relationship when you contact customer service or when you make a claim)
The data that we request and that are essential to answer your requests are indicated by an asterisk or equivalent on collection forms or specified as such verbally when it is collected. If you do not fill in the required fields or provide the information noted as required, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
Information that we collect automatically.
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Site or make a sales transaction, notably:
- Connection data: We collect information about the device you use to browse and use the Site (such as the operating system, type of browser, whether or not you use a proxy, the inferred location of your IP address to identify your computer, your visit duration, pages visited, and the link that brought you to our Site).
- Location data: When you are connected to the mobile app, and you have activated the option, we collect information about your location.
- Recording calls to our customer service. Additionally, should you contact one of our advisors, your conversations may be recorded to improve our quality of service. You are informed by a message before being connected. You will always have other ways of reaching us if you do not wish for your conversation to be recorded.
Furthermore, depending on data we may already possess, certain forms may be pre-filled.
Furthermore, you can link the Loyalty card you received in one of our stores to your account to gain benefits from our Site: simply enter your loyalty card number Information that we collect from our partners and other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and link them to information about you that we collect, such as:
- Information from local postal service databases to verify and update distribution addresses;
- Data shared by third-party partners: this is information that has been shared by third-party partners with whom you have been in contact and that you have allowed to share your personal data with us for direct marketing or targeted advertising purposes. These are socio-demographic data (such as your socio-professional category, your age range, your sex, etc.), contact information (such as your email address or telephone number, etc.), profile data (such as your preference for certain products or services, centres of interest, etc.)
- Data shared by social networks: this is information that is shared with us by social networks that you have used through our Site. Notably, when you share your Sephora experience with other customers, you use a social network and share information about you with this social network and with us. These communications are governed by the personal data protection policies of the social networks to which we direct you..
Information about third parties
In certain cases, we may collect information that you provide about other people, for example, , when you decide to buy and send products to someone else, or when you participate in a game on our Site and you invite your friends to play as well. We use this information only to fulfil your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they themselves choose to receive communications from us.
What are the legal basis and use that we make of collected information?
We collect personal data only when we have a legal basis to do so.
The personal data collections described below is only performed because they are:
1) Needed to provide you with our Services and execute the orders that you place.
We use your data to manage subscribed contracts and Services and to fulfil our contractual obligations, in particular:
- Provide the products and services that you have requested online or in a Sephora store, process transactions and billing, ensure delivery, including managing online and payments fraud and payment incidents
- Manage your online account
- Manage your product reviews;
- - Any other current or future service relating to the Services and noted in the various terms and conditions of use.
2) Necessary for our legitimate interest
In this case, we make sure to take into account any potential impact that this collection may have on you and Site users more generally. If we feel that your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms exceed our legitimate interest, then we will not use your personal data on this basis and may request your specific consent.
Managing our customer relationships.
We manage our relationship with you by updating a database that includes existing and potential customers, and that allows us to manage our loyalty programme proactively.
Making sure you can browse the Site and improve your user experience. Generally speaking, you can browse our Site without sharing data that can identify you. However, your browsing information is collected automatically (see the section "Information that we collect automatically." to ensure the security of the Sites and Services and customise the online user experience.
Προσαρμογή των sites, εφαρμογών και διαφημίσεων στις προτιμήσεις σας.
Customising sites, applications and advertising to your preferences. Unless you have made another choice (to make your choice, see Notice about Sephora's cookies) we track and analyse your habits, uses, and activities (including by combining data collected on the Site and those collected when using our Services) to establish user profiles, show you or send you targeted advertising and to customise our sites and applications, including using technologies that place cookies on your devices or in the emails that we send you.
Combining data. We link and combine data about you collected on- and offline with your account data, if you have one, or are subscribed to the loyalty programme.
If you do not wish for this combination to be made, you must log out before using these tools.
Conduct studies and statistics
We also use information collected for studies and statistics, after having made them anonymous or at the least having processed them to prevent them being reassigned to identified persons.
And/or Outside these cases, they are also collected based on your consent, for example, when you fill in a contact form, send us a claim, sign up for a newsletter, or when you post a comment, or when such consent is required by law (for example, to send you partner offers by email or text message or using cookies for targeted advertising), which allows us to:
Make our customer service effective.
We use your data to communicate with you, manage your subscriptions to our newsletters and answer your questions, manage your claims (Customer service). In case of telephone calls, Sephora records the conversations to manage the claim and as proof.
Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, advantages and events and to share information that may interest you.
We collect and process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interest to manage our sales relationship dynamically, showcase our corporate image and to promote our products and services, including highlighting services appropriate to your geographical location and conduct consumer studies and market studies. Offers may also concern products and services from third parties. In the same manner, we may share certain information with our business partners for direct marketing purposes. If, in general, you do not want your data to be used in this way, simply contact us as described in the section What are your options for marketing communications?
Important information about processing to prevent and manage payment incidents
As part of our fight against online fraud, information about your order as well as information about the device used to complete the order (in particular, the operating system used, the device's location, whether or not a proxy was used, etc.) are collected automatically with your consent and are used to analyse your transactions to detect fraud and avoid unpaid sums. They can be sent to all third parties permitted by law or appointed by SEPHORA only to identify the Purchaser's identity, the validity of the order, the payment method used and the planned delivery. You can refuse or revoke your consent at any time by following the methods specified in the Cookies Notice in this present charter. Proof of identity may be requested to confirm your order.
If you have any question about these checks or should your account be blocked, please contact customer service (see How can you contact us?).
We do not use personal information for reasons other than that for which it was collected unless you approve this use later on.
3) Needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Certain data may also be kept to meet our legal obligations and defend our interests in case of dispute or legal action.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a general rule, your personal data are kept for a period that is no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
In particular, when you create an online account, your personal data are stored as long as you use or order products or services provided by Sephora through your online account.
Your personal data and your Sephora account will be deleted if:
- You decide to delete your online account.
To do so, you must explicitly request it by contacting us by post at: SEPHORA GREECE SA, 7, Dionysiou Areopagitou str, 4th floor, CRM dpt, 11742 Athens, Greece, , by phone from Monday to Sunday 24/7 at 2111883041or by sending an email to the company’s DPO (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You no longer use your online account.
We consider that you no longer use your online account if you fulfil the two following cumulative criteria:
- You have not performed any purchase at Sephora using your Loyalty Card during 5 successive years;
- You stopped interacting with Sephora during this 5th and final year; in particular, you did not open any of the emails that Sephora sent you, did not log in your online account on the www.sephora.gr website or on the Sephora mobile application.
In some cases, we may keep some of your personal data even if you delete your account, by legal obligation, or if any problem with your account remains, such as a negative balance, or the presence of an unresolved claim or dispute. In such a case, the personal data required to solve the problem or dispute will be kept as long as the dispute lasts, within the applicable statutory limitation period.
|Subject||Categories of data concerned||Duration of conservation before erasure|
|Newsletter Registration||Information related to your email address and to your direct marketing preferences|
|Order History||List of orders performed online or in physical stores (if you used your Loyalty Card)|
As long as you are enrolled in the loyalty Program
[For more information, please refer to the Loyalty Program Terms and Conditions]
|Geolocation||Real-time geolocation when you enabled this feature to obtain product and service suggestions depending on your current location.||No data retention|
When you enable payment information to be remembered for your next purchases in your account settings.
Until the deletion of this information through your account settings or until the expiration date of your payment card.
|Security of the website and of our Services||Identification data, login data, including IP address||6 months|
Whom do we share it with?
We share your data when needed to manage the Site and services.
As part of using Services, certain information about you is sent to our partners and data processors who manage the Site and provide related services needed to carry out their service. In this way, your payment data is sent to our payment providers and banking institutions to carry out transactions related to your subscriptions and management of loyalty cards and marketing operations. Some of these services may also be carried out by other entities of Sephora group entities
With your permission, certain data (contact details, profile) is shared with partners to send you personalised offers.
Your contact details, centres of interest, age, and socio-professional category are shared in respect of your choices with our business partners who may send you information about their products and services. For example, this information may consist of offers for makeup or treatment samples or other products sold by our partners. For example, we may provide certain pieces of your information to cosmetics brands if you have expressed your desire to participate in a competition or promotional event for the launch of a new product. (To review your options, see the section How to unsubscribe from newsletters, manage options for promotional communication and targeted advertising?)
Your data may be shared with our firms, or legally authorised third parties to allow us to recover our debts, manage disputes and prevent unpaid sums and claims.
We may also share data about you with our outside firms in the event of disputes, with third parties, such as debt collection offices responsible for collecting outstanding payments or fighting Internet fraud, allowed by law or appointed by Sephora for the sole purpose of verifying the buyer's identity, the validity of the order, the method of payment used, and the planned delivery.
Data is also shared with third parties when you use social network buttons.
When you use the social network buttons, data about your identification is automatically communicated to these social networks. You can also share certain information or content (product sheet, your Beauty Board posts, etc.) present on sephora.fr on social networks. This use is governed by the terms and conditions of use of the said social network. We invite you to read them.
Your data may also be shared in cases not described above with your consent or as instructed or when required by law. In the event that all or part of Sephora's business is sold, your Personal Data will be shared with the purchaser to ensure the continuity of the Services and/or, except if you have chosen otherwise, direct marketing purposes.
How is the security of your personal data guaranteed?
Your personal data is protected by technical and organisational measures compliant with Greek and European legal and regulatory requirements that ensure its security and confidentiality.
In particular, Sephora uses protection technologies, such as encryption, authentication and fraud detection systems, to protect your online account and payment transactions.
Sephora obtains written commitments from its service providers and subcontractors to guarantee and implement sufficient security measures that ensure the protection of the personal data entrusted to them for processing in accordance with legal requirements regarding personal data protection.
Is personal data transferred outside the European Union? What are the guarantees?
We keep your data in the European Union. However, it is possible that the data that we collect when you use our Site or Services is transferred outside the European Union to countries whose personal data protection legislation differs from that applicable within the European Union or your country of residence.
This is particularly the case with regard to the data shared with our service providers or our subcontractors located outside the European Union In case the recipient is located in a country whose legislation has not been the subject of an adequacy decision from the European Commission, we make sure that the transfer is governed by the European Commission's standard contract clauses that guarantee a sufficient level of protection of privacy and the fundamental rights of persons, or equivalent guarantees or, for the United States, that the recipient adheres to the principles of the Privacy Shield.
In addition, when you subscribe to the Sephora Loyalty Program, Sephora stores have access to information about you relating to the Sephora Loyalty Program, such access being necessary for you to benefit from the benefits of the program to which you have subscribed.
How to unsubscribe from newsletters, manage options for promotional communication and targeted advertising?
What are your options for promotional communication?
You can opt into our mailing lists and agree to receive marketing and promotional information from us. You can review options for promotional communications at any time by following the steps below:
If you have an account: Log in to your online account and change your settings in the "Preferences" page,
Contact Customer Service:
- by post at the following address: Sephora Head Office, 7, Dionysiou Areopagitou St., Greece, 11742
- or by phone from 8 AM to 10 PM from Monday to Sunday at +30 2111883041
- or by email by writing to: email@example.com
newsletters: if you have an account on our site, you can modify your subscriptions to our newsletters at any time and unsubscribe by unticking the corresponding box.
electronic communications: you can also click on the unsubscribe links in our promotional emails at any time.
What can you do if you do not want targeted advertising?
We may also use it by associating it with your browsing data using cookies for the purpose of targeted advertising (for example, to display advertisements adapted to your profile on third-party sites, advertisements likely to interest you, or a sales rebound when you read an email containing a particular offer). This type of targeting is made possible by technologies from our advertising partners that connect browsing data from the same user on these Sites, social network platforms, and third-party sites no matter the device used.
- On social network platforms (for example, Facebook or Instagram): you can opt-out of this processing at any time by configuring your advertising settings in your account
- On third-party sites: you can refer to our Cookies notice to learn how to withdraw your consent.
Careful, refusing targeted advertising only means that you will no longer be the recipient of advertising that is specifically targeted to you. This will not affect or prevent the display or reception of other, non-targeted advertising.
How can you access your personal data? How can you correct or delete it or exercise your other rights?
Access and copy
You have a right to access and share your personal data. Before replying to your request, we are required by law to verify your identity. We may have to ask you to provide additional information to reply to your request. We undertake to reply to your request as quickly as possible.
If you have a Sephora account, you have direct access to data contained in your online account, to your transaction history, and your direct marketing choices.
This access also allows you to correct, change, or delete your identification data and contact details. Should you delete your data, you will no longer enjoy the Services related to your online account You can, within the limits of the law, exercise your right to data portability allowing you to retrieve the personal data in an interoperable format that you communicated to us automatically when you created your account and/or subscribed to our loyalty program, as well as your selections (favourite products etc.).
If you cannot access your account or to access other data, contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
Correct incorrect personal data
You can also request the correction of your personal data which may be incorrect and limit how it is processed while the changes are being processed. Depending on the type of processing, you can also request that the personal data in our possession be completed. In this case, we may ask you to provide documentation.
Contact us using the methods described in the section How can you contact us below.
Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
You can exercise this right by changing your direct marketing and newsletter subscription options and by withdrawing your consent to cookies with the methods mentioned in our Notice about Sephora's cookies.
Have your personal data erased
You can also request that your personal data be erased in the following cases:
- You feel that the processing of your data is no longer needed given your use of our Site and Services, or that the purposes mentioned in this policy or its conservation are against the law.
- You have withdrawn your permission to the processing of your data (see above)
- You object to the processing of your personal data for reasons concerning your personal situation
- You object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes
- Your data was collected online when you were a minor.
Alternatively, within the limits of the law, you can request that the processing of your personal data be limited.
Please note that, notwithstanding your right to erasure or limitation, we may retain certain personal data about you when required by law or when we have a legitimate reason to do so (for example, to prove the execution of a contract), for the exercise or defence of rights in court or when the exercise of this right infringes the right to freedom of expression and information. For example, this is the case if you violated our General Terms & Conditions of Use or Sale.
How can you contact us?
For any questions about this data protection policy or for any request concerning your personal data, you can contact us at https://www.sephora.gr/el/contactus
Claims: If you find that your rights are not respected or that your data is not protected, you have the right to lodge any complaint concerning the processing of your data with the Hellenic data protection authority or, if you reside within the European Union, that of your place of residence,.
How can you be informed of changes to this policy?
Important: We may change this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices, to specify your practices in greater detail or to respect regulations. In this case, you will be informed by a message on the site inviting you to read the updated policy as well as by any other appropriate method.
Last updated on: 23.3.2018
Subject of the last update: a complete rewrite of the charter in its entirety to meet the transparency requirements of the European regulations on the protection of personal data (EU regulation 2016/679).
Notice about Sephora's cookies
When you connect to our Site and in respect of your consent, we (or our partners) may install various cookies on your device to recognise your device's browser for as long as the Cookie (your "Device") concerned is valid.
This page helps you understand what a Cookie is, how we use it, and how you can make choices about these Cookies.
To go directly to the section to manage this Site's cookies, click Your choices about cookies.
What is a "Cookie"?
A "Cookie" is a general term for a text file saved in a dedicated space on the device's hard drive (for example, computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) from a media user (internet, applications, etc.) when you view content or online advertising. This Cookie file allows its issuer to identify the device on which it is stored, to track the media user's activity and to recall information, such as user preferences or information the user previously entered in forms, on the medium for as long as the Cookie is valid or stored. Certain Cookies are essential to using the medium, others optimise and customise the content shown, and other show advertising.
Cookies do not identify a user directly but identify the browser or a device. Information about the content viewed on a medium is directly linked to an identifier in the Cookie. When a user browses on a medium, this identifier is linked to the page views and, more generally, to the journey and interactions on the medium (number of clicks, for example); therefore, it is possible to track a user's entire browsing of the medium.
What Cookies are used on the site www.sephora.gr?
When you connect to our Site, we may install four types of Cookies on your Device:
|Technical cookies to allow you to browse the site, ensure its security and give you access to the site's various products and services.||+ find out more|
|Audience measurement cookies that allow us to obtain visitor statistics, compare them with other sites and decide on actions (such as sending you an email)||+ find out more|
|Advertising cookies allowing us and third parties to display advertisements on this site and others adapted to your profile by combining data from your browsing habits and data from Sephora and third-party customer databases||+ find out more|
|Sharing cookies allowing you to share our site's contents with other people or to share your viewing or opinion of the site's content with others||+ find out more|
How are you informed?
Below you will find further information about cookies and how you can manage their settings.
Duration of conservation and the consequences of blocking Cookies
|Type of cookies||Duration of conservation||Consequences of blocking|
|Required Cookies||Their lifespan is very short, usually for the length of the session.||You may not be able to access the site or its services|
|Analysis, performance, and audience measurement cookies||The lifespan of audience measurement Cookies does not exceed 13 months.||Has no consequence on the use of the website.|
|Marketing cookies||The lifespan of advertising Cookies does not usually exceed 13 months.||Has no consequence on the use of the website. However, deleting them does not stop online advertising. It will only cause advertising to be shown that does not take your centres of interest into account.|
Your choices about cookies
By using our site, you consent to the use of the cookies specified above. You can choose to deactivate some or all of these cookies at any time.
There are various ways to manage your choices concerning cookies:
Cookie management tools
|Sephora's cookie management tool allows you to see and control how most of the Site's cookies are used when you browse and to manage your preferences||Click here to access the tool|
|For advertising cookies, you can also go to the site Youronlinechoices, offered by the digital advertising professionals of the EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in Greece by Interactive Advertising Bureau Greece.||Click here to access the tool|
|Refusing these advertising cookies has no impact on using our site. However, refusing them will not stop advertising on our site or online. It will only cause advertising to be shown that does not take your centres of interest into account.|
Some cookies are not managed in this tool. The ways to deactivate them are presented below:
The choices in your browser
Your browser may allow you to choose to disable all or some cookies, either systematically or according to the publisher. You can also configure your browser software to accept or reject cookies (case by case or all).
However, remember that disabling all cookies will prevent you from using our site under normal conditions, except for basic functions.
- If you are using the Internet Explorer browser: click the Tools button and then Internet Options. On the General tab, Browsing History, click Settings. Then, click View Files and select it or the Cookies that you want to disable. Then, close the window that contains the list of Cookies and click OK twice to return to the Internet.
- If you are using the Firefox browser: click the Firefox Menu icon, then the Tools button, then Options; in the window that appears, choose Privacy and click Remove Specific Cookies. Select the Cookies that you want to disable then delete them.
- If you are using the Safari browser: click the Settings button and then Preferences. In the window that opens, select Privacy/Security then click on Show Cookies. Select the Cookies that you want to disable then click on Delete or Delete all.
- If you are using the Chrome browser: click the Google Chrome menu icon, then Settings. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings. In the Privacy section, click Content setting. To deactivate cookies:
- Select Cookies, click All Cookies and Site Data, then hover over the site that created the Cookie, and click X in the right corner, or click Remove All.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Please note that since some of our digital advertising partners are located outside the European Union, data collected using cookies may be transferred to non-EU member countries, whose personal data protection legislation differs from that applicable in France. We strictly require our partners to use the information collected using Cookies on our Site solely to administer or provide the services requested and ask them to always act in accordance with applicable data protection laws and to pay particular attention to the confidentiality of the information transmitted. To find out more, please refer to their policy on protecting personal data.
To go further: understanding how cookies are used in detail
Technical Cookies include cookies needed to browse the Site (such as session IDs) and feature Cookies that allow you to access specific features, such as being able to recognise you, to signal your visit to a page or to improve your browsing comfort, including:
- storing information about a form that you have filled in on our Site (account registration or access) or to products, services, or information that you have chosen on our Site (service subscribed, the content of an order basket, etc.),
- to give you access to reserved and personal areas on our Site such as your account using IDs and date that you may have given us previously,
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to sign in again to a piece of content or service after a certain amount of time,
- adjust the site's appearance to your device's display preferences (for example, language used or display resolution).
You can refuse the use of this type of cookie and delete it in your browser settings (see the section The choices in your browser). However, you may not be able to access the Site or its services.
Audience measurement cookies
Audience measurement cookies measure the audience of various content and sections on our site to evaluate and organise them, and in particular to:
- obtain visitor statistics and volumes and use the various elements that make up our Site (sections and contents visited, journeys) to help us improve interest in and the user-friendliness of our services
- adjust the appearance of our Site or advertising areas to your device's display preferences (the language used, display resolution, the operating system used, etc.) when you visit our Site according to the equipment and viewing or reading software included on your device.
Audience measurement cookies are published by our service providers or us. Other than visitor analysis, they can detect browsing problems to help us improve the user-friendliness of our services.
The visitor analysis services that this site uses only produce and send aggregate statistics and visitor volumes to our technical contractors and exclude all individual information. These statistics are crossed with other sites' visitor statistics as well as with your customer data.
In the same way, we also use measurement tools to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns to allow us to plan relevant sales actions according to the information collected (for example, sending a new message or a personalised offer).
Using advertising cookies determines the advertising content that promotes only products and/or services offered on the site www.sephora.gr that may match your centres of interest as inferred by the previous browsing of the device concerned, in particular by:
- counting the total number of advertisements that we have shown in our advertising areas, identify these advertisements, their respective number of displays, the number of users who have clicked on each advertisement and, if applicable, the later actions these users performed on the pages that these advertisements led to,
- adjusting the advertising content on our Site and on the device delivered by our advertising areas as well as our offers, according to your device's browsing on our Site or third-party sites, the purchases that you can make and/or according to location data (longitude and latitude) sent by your device (with your prior consent)
- to the extent that you have provided us with personal data, including your electronic contact information, during your registration, your Order or your access to one of our services, associating this data with browsing information to, for example, send you electronic marketing messages or display on your device, within advertising spaces that we publish, personalised advertisements that are specifically intended for you that may be of interest to you personally
- to send you electronic marketing messages that fit your user profile.
How is the information collected by advertising Cookies?
Advertising Cookies are stored on the user's device by tracking technologies ("Tracker") provided by our partners that are inserted onto the pages visited or directly inserted by advertisers into the advertisements shown on the Site.
This tracker will automatically send information about the content of the visited page or the advertisement placed on the visited page to these partners. This information is crossed with the ID contained in the Cookies stored on your device by the partners.
How is this information crossed?
If you have an online account, a loyalty card, or when you place an order, the information collected by advertising Cookies on the Site or on third-party sites are crossed and combined with the information from the use of your account or our products and services to create a user profile that is used for targeted advertising and direct marketing.
Your profile is also enriched with information obtained from your interactions with our partners or other publishers who are clients of these partners. Connections are also made with data collected offline and stored in our customer management tools or in those managed by these business partners (such as communications agencies, audience measurement institutions, or targeted advertising firms).
What is the benefit of being shown advertising adapted to your browsing?
Our goal is to show you the most relevant advertising possible. To this end, using Cookies allows us to identify, in real time, which advertisement to show to a Device, according to its recent journey on one or more sites or applications. Your interest in the advertising content that is shown on your Device when you visit a site often determines the advertising resources that allow it to operate its services often provided to users for free. This allows us, and third parties, to show advertisements that match your interests rather than advertisements that will not interest you
Our site contains cookies from sharing links to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and other, similar social networks, allowing you to share our site's contents with other people or to share your viewing or opinion of the site's content with others. These Cookies are stored directly by these social networks, as is the case in particular of the "share" and "like" buttons from social networks "Facebook" and "Instagram". The social network that provides such a button may be able to identify you, even if you did not use it while visiting the Site. This type of application button may allow the social network concerned to track your browsing on our Site simply because your account on the social network was active on the Device (open session) while you were browsing our site. We have no control over the processes the social networks use to collect information about your browsing of our Site and how they are associated with the personal data that they possess.
If you are signed in to the social network while you browse our site, the sharing buttons allow the content you view to be linked to your user account.
We invite you to read these social networks' privacy policies to learn how they use the browsing information that they can obtain from these buttons, particularly for advertising purposes.